340 whirlpool

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
well after our move last week. had to run a steel gas line for the dryer.house had a elec. hook up but we had a gas dryer. went to do the wash yesterday and washer would not turn made a clicking sound like broken gear. tore it down and found a little plastic partbroken after the first j b weld try i put it back together and it broke again so pulled it back down thinking the trans is locked up but thats not so.went to the old house and got so paint thiner to clean up oil/greese off part and reglued last night now time to reinstall and see if it hold. updates comeing.

Good luck Al! Would hate to think of you and the missus taking the laundry down to the river to beat it against a rock. :-D

buy a new coupler , its gonna snap again & doing for the 3rd time is just gonna waste your time & make you even madder , i usually have xtra ones on my van but i used it last week or i would send it your way . oldcarnut .... aka appliance repair tech

here a pic. nowere to find today and the wifes mad at me cause i won,t get rid of my car **** cause we have less room at this house. but i have got rid of lot of stuff.lol

You're not going to be able to glue it satisfactorily and those are relatively cheep. Just get a new one and save the time fighting with the old. It's called a motor coupling, part number 285753a is the same with a metal hub to prevent splitting like yours did.

Send me the model # and serial # and I can contact my supplier to see if it is available. I will cover costs of part and ship it to you. Is this for a Whirlpool? I may have a complete control assy sitting around.

hey thanks but we order the part on line last night/ the good thing there a wash places i 1/4 mile down the road from the new house. thanks again,alan

-
Back