340dart.812'S 70 340 dart

-

340dart.812

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my 71 dart swinger.
Specs: .30 over 360
J heads bowl cleanup 2.02 valve
.10/.10 cast crank
Eagle I beam rods
KB 107 flattops
Crane Powermax cam
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift222
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift234
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio0.467 int./0.494 exh.
Lobe Separation (degrees)114
LD 340 intake
Promax 750
1.6 roller rockers
3.91 gears
SS springs
Reverse mauual valve body
3200 converter

Car Runs 13.40 @ 105mph through the mufflers shifting at 5500

Very nice. I really like the rocker molding with the blackout treatment, especially on bright colors. Really gives the body a nice line.

Grant

Thanks Guys....For anyone checking out my combo this thing is a beast and super fun to drive. I thought it would be a turd with the small cam and basically stock heads. But it is just as torquey around town as my 408 with alum heads and a hyd roller cam in a 65 dart. Way different story when you turn it loose though. But for drivability and fun factor it is awsome. It gets 16 mpg as long as you dont cruise it over 55mph. Way better than the 408's 6mpg. I drive this way more due to its great street manners.

Here are some pics from today with the skinnys back on it.

I didnt think to take pics while doing it but I removed the summit street and strip wires due to them cracking from heat and causing a misfire. I thought it was either the coil or dist. (Mallory L.E.D. Unilite dist and mallory super coil) So I bought a MSD blaster 3 coil and new mopar performance dist, and msd 8.5 mm wires. I installed them today. The wires are only 6 monthes old and you can see how they were routed in the first set of pics and they are cracking where they layed between the valve cover and intake. Did I have them routed incorectly or should they not have done this???

I didnt think to take pics while doing it but I removed the summit street and strip wires due to them cracking from heat and causing a misfire. I thought it was either the coil or dist. (Mallory L.E.D. Unilite dist and mallory super coil) So I bought a MSD blaster 3 coil and new mopar performance dist, and msd 8.5 mm wires. I installed them today. The wires are only 6 monthes old and you can see how they were routed in the first set of pics and they are cracking where they layed between the valve cover and intake. Did I have them routed incorectly or should they not have done this???

Cool car!
I almost didn't recognize it with the steering column back in!:toothy10:
Post a couple pics of the red truck you were telling me about.
Call me and bring it down anytime your ready. My driveway has been clearing up lately!8)
John

John here are some pics of my truck that I need help with....

Looks good from 5-10 ft right????

Here is what I found after a little grinder time.....

I am a little sick

Here is what I found after a little grinder time.....

I am a little sick

JUST PUT THE GRINDER DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE TRUCK!!!![-X

Now drive it down to my place as soon as possible so that truck can get some 64dart170 luvin'!!:cheers:

That 1 post grinder pic made me puke in my mouth a little!:puke:

Bring it down as soon as your ready, I got room now.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 6.jpg