350 HP 318 Build

-
A running 71 340 car. $7500

These that I have posted are all overpriced. Dusters running and daily driven are being sold locally for between $4000-$6000 and Online prices are always higher than local word of mouth prices and deals.
I bought a 140,000 mile 73 Duster for $1,900 that sat garaged for over 25 years due to a bad electric choke..

Back to the cost of the engine. Blueprint engines are the same cost but more HP. Last I checked.
I Give the guy props for putting his engines out there. Cool thing is more engine manufactures drive the price down.
Also- before people freak over the cost- remember our dollar is worth less and less everyday.

also, before people freak out over cost, that's conservatively 6K in parts.

if you're starting from zero, that's not a bad price for a fairly stout V8 delivered to your door.

These that I have posted are all overpriced. Dusters running and daily driven are being sold locally for between $4000-$6000 and Online prices are always higher than local word of mouth prices and deals.
I bought a 140,000 mile 73 Duster for $1,900 that sat garaged for over 25 years due to a bad electric choke..

also, before people freak out over cost, that's conservatively 6K in parts.

if you're starting from zero, that's not a bad price for a fairly stout V8 delivered to your door.
Those edelbrock heads along are almost half of the 6k in parts. Mopars are just more expensive to build that's how it goes

Those edelbrock heads along are almost half of the 6k in parts. Mopars are just more expensive to build that's how it goes
the dodge edelbrock heads are actually cheaper than the chevy edelbrock heads.

it doesn't matter the make, good parts are expensive. some of the ford and chevy stuff is a little less but not by any huge margin. they do however enjoy many more options and varieties of performance parts and manufacturers

the dodge edelbrock heads are actually cheaper than the chevy edelbrock heads.

it doesn't matter the make, good parts are expensive. some of the ford and chevy stuff is a little less but not by any huge margin. they do however enjoy many more options and varieties of performance parts and manufacturers
Good quality parts are both expensive and sometimes hard to come by.

Wonder why they went pro comp heads for 360 and edelbrock 318 & 410
Not very imaginative basically same package for all 3 engines.

High prices are just online Gasslighting, talk to local car club guys IN PERSON... You can buy Edelbrock SBM heads locally for less than a set of rebuilt magnums online. It's not hard to find a set for free.
In the past year I've picked up
a free 318 with edelbrock heads, intake and carb, jegs billet dizzy that had a spun rod.
2 complete,running, stock 5.9 magnums/904's and
2 complete RV 440's/727's for free locally one ran and had 40,000 miles on it before I pulled it.
A free bugcatcher scoop,
free SBM edelbrock 318 intake.
Free 750 Edebrock carb.
I was told that some of it was posted on Ebay for over a year and never sold and became garage clutter because of the rediculously high pricing they demanded that noone was willing to spend. I found all of it either posted on Craigslist in the free section or word of mouth.
There is a LOT of Kool Aid with online pricing and availability. TALK to People and you'll find deals.

I know where theres a 318 core I dont want it ....guy called me. I told him "I dont want it sitting around my shop no thanks..."

A mopar in Missouri for $6000 is a project car for sure. A decent mopar starts at around 15k. Mopars, mustang's, etc bring big money in Missouri

High prices are just online Gasslighting, talk to local car club guys IN PERSON... You can buy Edelbrock SBM heads locally for less than a set of rebuilt magnums online. It's not hard to find a set for free.
In the past year I've picked up
a free 318 with edelbrock heads, intake and carb, jegs billet dizzy that had a spun rod.
2 complete,running, stock 5.9 magnums/904's and
2 complete RV 440's/727's for free locally one ran and had 40,000 miles on it before I pulled it.
A free bugcatcher scoop,
free SBM edelbrock 318 intake.
Free 750 Edebrock carb.
I was told that some of it was posted on Ebay for over a year and never sold and became garage clutter because of the rediculously high pricing they demanded that noone was willing to spend. I found all of it either posted on Craigslist in the free section or word of mouth.
There is a LOT of Kool Aid with online pricing and availability. TALK to People and you'll find deals.
Find me a free one with aluminum heads and I'll pay you to ship it.

A mopar in Missouri for $6000 is a project car for sure. A decent mopar starts at around 15k. Mopars, mustang's, etc bring big money in Missouri
You have to be quick and constantly refreshing the page. Deals only get posted for a few hours until they sell in Missouri. I'm just an hour or two by truck and flatbed over in Southern Illinois South East of Cape.
There are still old timers with acres of Mopars around, they just don't use the internet.

Find me a free one with aluminum heads and I'll pay you to ship it.
What I think is going on and why my experience is different is I live in an area that used to be a HUGE group of Mopar old timers that are unfortunately dying off and their kids are just giving away their hordes and projects.

They are easy to locate just use google maps and manually search your area for project cars. If it's behind a barn or in a back or side yard.......take a guess.

You have to be quick and constantly refreshing the page. Deals only get posted for a few hours until they sell in Missouri. I'm just an hour or two by truck and flatbed over in Southern Illinois South East of Cape.
There are still old timers with acres of Mopars around, they just don't use the internet.
There's a few over by rosiclaire IL that have sat in the same spot for years. Particularly there's a 71-74 b body I've had my eyes on for 20 years that hasn't moved.

-
Back