350 mopar ?

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Lets just say you have a running 350 and the skills to put it in a mopar ... lets just say its a dart lol ....... And the only way the car will ever see the road agin is to put the 350 chevy motor in it . Would you let the car rot or would you put the 350 in the dart ? ........ Ok ive got my pop corn out and ready :happy1: Have at it yall :joker:

Sell the running 350 and buy a running 318. So much easier its not even funny, even if you've got the skills.

Sorry, I'm no good at hypotheticals.

Lets just say you have a running 350 and the skills to put it in a mopar ... lets just say its a dart lol ....... And the only way the car will ever see the road agin is to put the 350 chevy motor in it . Would you let the car rot or would you put the 350 in the dart ? ........ Ok ive got my pop corn out and ready :happy1: Have at it yall :joker:

Hotrodding was always a mix/match affair. Eff the purists.

That said, i wouldnt mix/match old motor for old motor. It seems pointless as you just get the a different brand of the same bs.

They are unsightly just sitting behind the garage, but if you remove the hood and plant some flowers inside, the neighbors learn to accept it. Consider it a mercy killing.

Sell the running 350 and buy a running 318. So much easier its not even funny, even if you've got the skills.

Sorry, I'm no good at hypotheticals.

I'm with you... sell or barter the mouse motor for a small wedge... bolt-in... no fabrication req'd...:violent1:

NO ....NO ....Bad Asa...Bad Asa .....if i catch you with a chevy engine again ...the rolled newspaper comes out and im going after you. :joker::joker:

Well, to be totally hypothetical, if the 350 were truly the last running engine in the world, and there wasn't any running Mopar engines left, and there wasn't any way left to rebuild an engine, so the only way to get the Dart running again was to put the 350 in it, I'd sell the 350 and buy a new pair of shoes for all the walking I'd be doing.

well a chevy engine in a chevy truck is cool ....but a chevy engine in a mopar :angryfir:
You know what i was thinking when i dont need the chevy no more sitting a 50s dodge truck on the chevys frame lol .........(Years and years away )

Doc, are you aware of the fact that Chrysler did, in fact manufacture a 350 V8, too.

It was a "B" block, made in 1958. 4.06 Bore/3.38 stroke, put out 305HP. Everything from that engine was compatible with it's sister "B" block engine, the 383, except the pistons and the water pump.

There was also an F.I. version of the MoPar 350 in 1958, though most were returned to the deals for a carb refit.
MoPar's 350 was replaced in 1959 by the 361.

just a little factoid I thought you'd enjoy. ;)

Doc, are you aware of the fact that Chrysler did, in fact manufacture a 350 V8, too.

It was a "B" block, made in 1958. 4.06 Bore/3.38 stroke, put out 305HP. Everything from that engine was compatible with it's sister "B" block engine, the 383, except the pistons and the water pump.

There was also an F.I. version of the MoPar 350 in 1958, though most were returned to the deals for a carb refit.

Nope i sure didnt know that thanks for telling us i leaned something outta this thread I must say i didnt see that coming lol

this is where i thought this thread was originally going by the title ....im pretty sure the main show car from the movie Christine had the 350 engine option ....which is mega rare.

this is where i thought this thread was originally going by the title ....im pretty sure the main show car from the movie Christine had the 350 engine option ....which is mega rare.
:happy1: take the thread there if yall want ! Im good with them going side ways ! Lets here some more !

throw the 350 in it and put Nova stickers on it and head to a super chevy show!!! Guaranteed to win it's class hands down. If anyone asks about the car say it is the Canadian model.

-
Back