36 chrysler vin help?

-

RH62

Reaction score
my friend has a 1936 chrysler and is trying to get more information about the model from the vin, for insurance purposes. is there any source where i might help to decode it for her?

the vin reads...
C7BC-1818
‎508-551 DG

Thanks in advance for any help

my friend has a 1936 chrysler and is trying to get more information about the model from the vin, for insurance purposes. is there any source where i might help to decode it for her?

the vin reads...
C7BC-1818
‎508-551 DG

Thanks in advance for any help
This sounds more like a body number than a VIN

she called it a body tag, not sure if there is any other numbers.

C-7 Were Inline 6 on 118in wheelbase Serial #s plate is located on front hinge pillar post starting 6823301 ending 6865003 Could BC be Business Cpe?

It is a "body tag". Up until the late 50s or early 60s all cars used the engine number for registration purposes rather than the VIN as we know it today. Don't know what info they are trying to get but you won't get it with either the body tag or vin by trying to decode it. You may contact the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. They have tons of factory build orders and ship orders in their archives. If the car was going to a highly visible person or company then they may have specific info. If not they should be able to tell you the date of assembly, where, and basic configuration as shipped from the factory.

Larry

It is a "body tag". Up until the late 50s or early 60s all cars used the engine number for registration purposes rather than the VIN as we know it today. Don't know what info they are trying to get but you won't get it with either the body tag or vin by trying to decode it. You may contact the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. They have tons of factory build orders and ship orders in their archives. If the car was going to a highly visible person or company then they may have specific info. If not they should be able to tell you the date of assembly, where, and basic configuration as shipped from the factory.

Larry
The early Mopars did have a VIN tag in the door frame they used and not an engine number that was on the Fords. You should have a VIN tag in the door jam. I have not looked at my 41 project in some time but I believe it it the front passenger door post.

-
Back