136   0   0
Contact seller
DSC00164[1].jpg
P1100471.JPG
P1040837.JPG
P1040838.JPG
P1040839.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG
I have a new 4 bolt main cap kit Mopar Performance part # P5249675 for 360 engines. These are the same main caps used for Mopar R series race blocks. They are ductile iron. They are a superior material to stock caps and use more material for strength. You can use these on a stock 360 block without using the outer bolt holes. Some builders cut off the outer 2 bolts for ease of installation. A great upgrade for stroker engine builds. Kit comes with 4 caps and bolts.

I have attached an example of what they look like when installed with the outer 2 bolts machined off. I used a similar 340 main kit (middle 3 caps only and sI did not have the first cap) on a 340 stroker I built.

This 360 main cap kit lists for $180 on summit. I will sell it for $140 shipped in the lower 48 states.

PM me with questions

P1040837.JPG
P1040838.JPG
P1040839.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG

A stock block does not have enough metal in the main area to drill the extra 2 bolts. Only aftermarket blocks have the extra material in the mains to allow drilling. The are stronger and more robust that the stock as so using these with 2 bolt studs is a great way to boost the strength of a stock bottom end.

What would you charge to machine off the outer bolt tabs, or can you? Thank.

I am not equipped to do the modification myself. Also you will need to line hone the caps with the block you are using these on. It may be best for the shop doing the line home to fit the caps as well.

Ok,I'll check. Thanks. Does it hurt to just leave the bolt tabs on?

Last edited:
Ok,I'll check. Thanks. Does it hurt to just leave the bolt tabs on?

If I was doing it...id trim the outer bolt holes off until the hole is gone and run them. I wouldn't take them off all the way up to the cap.

I'd have bought these the first day they posted if they were 340 main size.

I am not equipped to do the modification myself. Also you will need to line hone the caps with the block you are using these on. It may be best for the shop doing the line home to fit the caps as well.
Are these caps still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back