360 B&M flexplate

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
hey guys did I get the correct one ? I think I did, by application I did but it looks rather funny so I thought Id ask others if theres look like this!
It looks as is a cresent shaped bite is missing. CORRECT? looks odd hopeing thats how it is supposed to be. Thx guys

Depends on what 360 you have. If you have an external balanced mid to late 70's 360 (I think they had some external balanced 360's into the 80's also), then yes, you got the right one.

should look like the lowest one...

FlexPlate.jpg

sweet thats the one I have. Now if I could make sure the torque converter I have is correct I dont trust the guys at the local parts store! lol lata' and thx

Your torque converter should not have any weights on it (external balance), That is why you need the special plate. Any 318 or earlier 340 will work.

not sure I understood you on that last post.
I bought the flex plate to remedy the balance issue. I want to be able to run a neutral balance converter. Making selection a little easier and a lil less expensive. thx guys lata'

You need a neutral balanced converter. Some torque converters, 72-73 cast crank 340's and most 360's are externally balanced by the weights on the torque converter and harmonic balancer. Your B&M flexplate replaces the need for the properly weighted converter, so you can use just about any torque converter on the market now without worrying about vibration. The flexplate will also allow a good shop to balance your engine rotating assembly correctly.

-
Back