360 build thread

-
Just something else to look for, make sure the pushrod is down in the center of the lifter. It can sit on an edge of the plunger cup. You lash it and sometime later pop! It slips into the correct spot, but now your lash is HUGE with solid and big with hyd. Could be my tired old eyes, but cylinder 2 exhaust seems like the pushrod is not in the lifter center and the rocker adjuster is sticking out on top more than the others. Again old and blind!

Good point, i checked all that but I'll give it a once over for piece of mind. Thanks

Motor is basically done. Waiting on a 2nd set of valve cover gaskets cause my rockers hit the oem valve covers. Still need to grind a little on the headers so they line up better into the heads. Need to figure out if I'll have the $ for a dyno break in, might have to just do it in the car.
20180426_172301.jpg

Got my converter installed, trans mated, and the engine in the car. Hope to start it up in the next week or so. The frankenstein motor will live soon.
20180605_143821.jpg
20180605_113819.jpg
20180605_113808.jpg
20180605_113802.jpg

Got the motor broken in yesterday, had one coolant and one oil leak to fix. Both times happened after 1-2 min of running at around 2300 rpm. Ran it for 25 min after that at around 2500-2800 rpm and then back down to 2000 for the last 5 min. Sounds good, seems real healthy. Drained the oil and cut open a side of the filter. Looked like oil with real small metallic bits just what I expected. Helped having a buddy to mist the radiator, the box fan I had wasn't pushing enough air but it made it through. What a relief! Will post a video of it running soon. Next will be a ratchet shifter install and a balanced driveline and it's on the road. Broke it in with the Holley Sniper setup, they dont recommend it for flat tappets but I can help with initial setup if someone has questions.

-
Back