360 Came With A Forged Crank

-
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, Roger, but OMG I must be dumb. " 'Splain, please", as Ricky would have said to Lucy, why isn't a Power Lok a "posi"? Doh, I feel like I need to know this!

Here, lemme 'splain
There are different names for a Limited Slip Differential. The difference is in the name, not much else, though there are different ways of building a limited slip differential. Chrysler called it a Sure Grip, Dana used Powr Lock, Chevrolets was called Positraction....("Posi"), Buick- Positive Traction, Packard- Twin Traction, etc. So a Posi IS a limited slip where as a limited slip MIGHT be a Posi.
Limited-slip differential - Wikipedia Scroll to near end of the article for cool "posi" names.
Kind of like Vice Grips are a brand of locking pliers, but everybody calls any locking pliers vice grips if there is a knob on the end of the handle. Or Linesman Pliers seem to all be called Kleins.
edit; now I know that a Trans-Am would not have had a "Posi" from the factory any more than my Dart would have. It would have a Safe-T-Track. Fodder for irritating car show twits.

Last edited:
There are different names for a Limited Slip Differential. The difference is in the name, not much else, though there are different ways of building a limited slip differential. Chrysler called it a Sure Grip, Dana used Power Lock, Chevrolet was called Positraction, Buick- Positive Traction, Packard- Twin Traction, etc. So a Posi is a limited slip where as a limited slip MIGHT be a Posi.
Limited-slip differential - Wikipedia Scroll to near end of the article for cool "posi" names.
Kind of like Vice Grips are a brand of locking pliers, but everybody calls them vice grips if there is a knob on the end of the handle. Or Linesman Pliers seem to all be called Kleins.
edit; now I know that a Trans-Am would not have had a "Posi" from the factory any more than my Dart would have. It would have a Safe-T-Track. Fodder for irritating car show twits.

LOTS more names than that, but you are correct! AMC had their names, Pontiac theirs.......but they were all limited slip....unless they were lockers. LMAO

-
Back