360 Crank differences

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Im still fighting to find a set of pulleys for my crank and that is because Im not sure what year crank is in my car.

I tried using my stock '71 318 Crank pulley for fitment and could only get 5 of the 6 bolts in. I then found a different pulley that had a slotted hole and that bolted right up.

So Im stumped as to what year pulleys I should be looking for.. Could someone please give me a heads up as to the differences and what I need. Thanks

What balancer are you using.

Good question?? The engine shop bought it but I didnt get any info on it. Its just a stock balancer and Im sure nothing fancy.

View attachment pulleys.jpg

This is a set of March pulleys, the crank pulley in this pick is exactly what fits my set up. It says they fit '70 and up. So Im guessing that is what I need??

Someone came chime in here if I am wrong, but all you need is a stock set of 72 and up pulleys that have the even spacing on the bolt pattern.
The March ones will work, but $$$.

Someone came chime in here if I am wrong, but all you need is a stock set of 72 and up pulleys that have the even spacing on the bolt pattern.
The March ones will work, but $$$.

Exactly! I find it hard to spend that much on them!

Ok so hopefully 72 and up is what I need. Thank you!

Many guys just slot one hole. Who in 'ell knows why Ma did this??

Ok are all SBM even from other body styles the same? Im assuming a 318/340/360 of these other styles, used the same pulleys and such as A bodies

Just use the 318 pulleys, slot the hole and bolt it up...cause its no big deal.
Finding non ac pulleys for the later offset can sometimes be a pia.

-
Back