360 crank question (weld in crank)

-

bumnround

Reaction score
I just scored a 360 with unknown internals,but I heard it run and it sounded awesome. Should the crank have weld in the balance holes like this,or has this thing been internally balanced? thanks Greg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

From the looks of it, it may have been internally balanced. a hole is drilled into the counter weight & a section of Mallory metal is inserted. It is the welded in to secure. I can't say for sure about what you have. Since you heard it run, can the person you bought it from advise you on it?

The guy I got it from Knows nothing about it,it was in his dart when he bought it. He has the auto flywheel that was on it and I have a 4-speed. I tried to call him to look at the flywheel but he is not home.What is the diff between balance and not balance auto wheel? I just looked at the balancer,it is a solid piece with a big groove hollowed out on one side. I would post a pic but wife is not home.Thanks-all.

From the looks of it, it may have been internally balanced. a hole is drilled into the counter weight & a section of Mallory metal is inserted. It is the welded in to secure. I can't say for sure about what you have. Since you heard it run, can the person you bought it from advise you on it?
Future reference, drill the "heavy hole" crossways for Mallory metal. No welding needed and safer. ateam:cheers:

-
Back