360 engine pictures

-

grassy

Reaction score
It is becoming increasingly more difficult to re assemble units when I have no idea how they should look assembled....

Google images has been as much help as the service manual.

Does anyone have pictures of their 360 with emphasis on how the ancillaries are attached and what goes into the many holes in the block...or could point me to another web site that has this..

Does anyone know the size of the bolt that holds the gas pump in ?

Thanks
ian.

Here are pics of the 360 in my 74 Swinger. Not understanding exactly what you need info on. Save my pics or take pics of you block and use paint to circle anything you dont know what it is

Attachments

• Engine Before.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 770
  • Engine Before 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 775
  • Engine Before 3.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 765
74dart,

I am frustrated.

Ok..the alternator is on the upper left...power steering on the lower right. How they install is still a mystery to me.

I have a new power brake unit..I had wondered if I should paint it...I will now. I like the look.

I am digging out the engine tomorrow. I will circle the holes and post the picture.

I appreciate you helping me. I really wish there was someone close to me that I could pop over and take a look at their set up.

Thanks
Ian.

The bracket for the alternator is still on in these pics
But the power steering is not
I will grab a few pics of the alternator mounted on my 73 340 as it is all in the car

here's a couple pics from an old Chrysler overhaul book, do they help?
340-1.jpeg

Somewhat but I need specific..

Please excuse the colour of the engine..

1 - Here is a picture of the engine head on. I understand that the alternator is located on the upper left looking on from this direction and the power steering pump is on the bottom right. What brackets and how do they attach ?

2 - What size bolts do you use to attach the gas pump ?

3 - I happened to buy this pulley a couple of years back from here. I thought the fan would attach to it and act like an under pulley. Will this fit this engine ? Here is a link: http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/64700/10002/-1

e1-XL.jpg

Here is a shot from above...what goes in all the holes ? I am assuming one is for the temperature gauge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian.

e2-XL.jpg

one for heater hose, one for temp gauge, the rest you may be able to run plugs in.

This is the heater hose/Temp gauge set up on my 73 340 Duster that was put on by previous owner. It works very well

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 698
  • 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 712
Here are the pics of how a low mount power steering pump is mounted

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 741
  • 6.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 695
  • 7.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 681
Great pictures.

I think I have the alternator attachments.

There are the pieces I have for the power steering pump...will they work ? I see now that the extra part circled goes on the alt.

bracket-XL.jpg

Thanks
ian.

Let me dig out my painted and cleaned up un mounted mounts for the power steering and the alternator
I will try to find the low mount power steering and the high mount power steering brackets

74dart,

I appreciate this...then I can see if I have the right stuff.

I cannot understand why the big service manuals don't have any of this stuff..

Will this pulley work on this engine or did I mess up with that purchase ?

Thanks
ian.

Any luck finding the mounts ?

Just arrived...my interior dye and carpet so that should keep me busy for a bit...monsoons are being forecast for 2 morrow till Sunday.

The wife's car self destructed on the highway on Monday...have been scrambling around trying to replace her wheels...the car had almost 350K kms on it so it didn't own us anything...being sold as scrap.

ian.

Some member must have a 360 ?? ..perhaps not installed yet...that a set of close pictures can be taken of what I need or know of a link on the i'net to an exploded view of how the ancillaries are installed...

The problem is that I didn't hang around many MOPARS growing up and where I live currently, there are no MOPARS for me to look at.

I took a /6 out of a '75 Duster and I am putting in a 360.

I have no idea if I have the right brackets to attach my power steering pump and alternator to the motor.

I am not sure of the bolt size to attach the gas pump.

I have a bunch of extra holes in my intake that I have no idea what they are for ..

so any help is appreciated.

ian.

i recently did a 273 to 360 swap, had same issue. i went and spent a few hours in junk yard and took lots of pix and got my brackets and p/s pump from a 360 in yard.
as far as intake #1 is heater hose,#2 temp sender

Thanks Discharger,

I have been surfing the parts stores and I think I have the right stuff for the alternator. Still not sure about the oil pump.

In our junkyards in NS, you very rarely find cars that are over 7 to 10 years of age...I hear Texas is the best place for hunting parts.

I can contact the company that made the intake..

I have seen a card with different size holes in it..maybe I can manage to guess with one of those.

How did you spin you engine over to find TDC of the first cylinder ?
Thanks
ian.

Just went through this for someone in PM.

TDC is super easy to find, once you know what to look for.

To rotate the engine to TDC on the crank and cam/distributor together, take the #1 plug out, crank it over by hand, then feel and listen for air pressure on your finger over the plug hole on #1 (driver's/ car's left side front). When you hear and feel air pressure, it's on it's up stroke, just before TDC, start looking for your mark on the balancer.

If you have a valve cover off, rotate the crank so that the first two rocker arms are under no lift and the 3rd rocker arm (from the front of the engine), which is the #3 cyl intake, is about at full lift, then look for your mark.

Dave,

Thanks...hopefully, I will be doing that soon. That you for the methodology.

ian.

Hey Grassy sorry for not getting back sooner but I have been unsucessful in tracking down my brackets. i must have cleaned them and put them in a spot where they would be safe from damage and apparently out of sight and mind

No probs. I must be looking in the wrong areas..i would not have thought that this information would be difficult to find. Thankfully, it is not holding the build up at the moment but it will be soon. I need to paint and it is going to rain for a few more days...

ian.

No probs. I must be looking in the wrong areas..i would not have thought that this information would be difficult to find. Thankfully, it is not holding the build up at the moment but it will be soon. I need to paint and it is going to rain for a few more days...

ian.

Well dont worry been tearing apart the garage to find them and will get pics and post as soon as found

-
Back