360 HD cam bearings?

-

360moparjunkie

Reaction score
Moving forward again with my rebuild.
While having my block square decked I am having new cam bearings installed.

I have ordered hd cam bearings for an additional 30.00 over and above stockers.

Not knowing any better, is this throwing $ away, or is it worth the extra when using higher strength valve springs that push harder on the cam?

Thanx.

I'm guessing you just got soaked $30. Also, don't go nuts on valvesprings, more is not always better. Remember, it takes horsepower to operate the valvespring.

I've never even looked for HD cam bearings... If they work for you, great. If a lessor stock one would for cheaper, oh well. No big deal.

I've never even looked for HD cam bearings... If they work for you, great. If a lessor stock one would for cheaper, oh well. No big deal.
Computer has been down....
Not knowing plus not wanting a problem in the heart of my engine is why I fell for the better cam bearings. Should have made this post before, but like I said...computer problems.

I was even offered a "coated cam bearing" ceramic I think he said.

This should be what I hope is the last of giving the machine shop my hard earned $...240.00 this time. (correct square decking, new "HD" wow, cam bearings installed.

Having one connecting rod shortened .007-.010 as well for the above mentioned amount.

Thank you all. :salute:

-
Back