360 heads rocker arm question

-

Travis72dart

Reaction score
So... I have 1975 LA 360 heads and we pulled the rocker arms off and evidently *messed up the order * when we put it back together. Just wondering what order the rocker arms go on the shaft. Is it specific for the engine or what? Pretty sure they are stock. I have a pick of the passenger side, is it the same as the drivers? Have this thing ready to go want to get it back running today.

Thanks FABO,
Travis

the stamped steel factory rockers are marked LT and RT for each cylinder, in other words they will go LT RT LT RT etc etc on each shaft. they are the same for both sides. the shafts have notches on the ends. they have to go facing straight down and towards the rear on the passenger side , and facing straight down facing the front on the drivers side.

the stamped steel factory rockers are marked LT and RT for each cylinder . the shafts have notches on the ends. they have to go facing straight down and towards the rear on the passenger side , and facing straight down facing the front on the drivers side.

Thanks for reply, Yeah they are the factory ones. i just need the order for them there is 47's, and 48's. At one point there's 2 47's together, don't know which cylinders those go to.

you will be able to visually see that they are rt and lt specific , when installed, the pushrod cups will be facing away from each other for each cylinder

Some rockers have 47t and some have 48t, there are 5 47's and 3 48's. How do I tell the correct order on the assembly rocker rod? At some point 2 47's go together. There are l and r which I get.

I hope this helps...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,400
Heres a picture of what im talking about with the numbers... I just need to know if it matters as long as they are all in right positions L and R.

You can easily tell as the pushrods and valvestems simply won't line up. Make CERTAIN you get the notches on the shafts in the right orientation so that they properly oil

Okay awesome, now I'm so paranoid haha. That pick with left and right placement looks like its from the drivers side, how do you do passengers?

Okay so on passenger side notch goes to the back right? And you end up l r l r l r l r with last right at front of block?

Just make sure when you put them on your pushrod looks straight and the other end is centered on the valve stem. I did the same thing once and it took me a few minutes to get it straight.

As far as the notches on the end of the shaft make darn sure as said above you have them oriented correctly. The notch is to the front and down on the driver side, notch down and to the rear on the passenger side. If not you won't get oil up to the rockers.

Just make sure when you put them on your pushrod looks straight and the other end is centered on the valve stem. I did the same thing once and it took me a few minutes to get it straight.

As far as the notches on the end of the shaft make darn sure as said above you have them oriented correctly. The notch is to the front and down on the driver side, notch down and to the rear on the passenger side. If not you won't get oil up to the rockers.

Awesome thanks guys! Sorry for being a pain just don't want to mess this up and buy another 100 bucks in gaskets having to do it all over..

Sorry its been so long we got it all together fired it up and it started heating up just like the 318 ( we think the problem was that it was 180 out) so we put the heads in the machine shop and the engine just to get looked at a few months ago, now we are taking our time puttig it back in the car, we have exhaust, tranny, and motor mounts bolted up just need to bolt everything on the top (manifold, ac (necessity in Sacramento), power steering, etc.) I'll keep you all posted

-
Back