360 Heads- which ones should I expect?

-

YoungBlood

Jolt the Squares
Reaction score
I bought a 360 off of a guy a while ago, lacking the heads.

He said he would throw in the heads with the deal once he finds them (he is moving and the guys **** is a mess all over the place) and I said no big deal. He called and said I can come pick them up this weekend. Dude claims the motor was a factory 4 barrel engine out of his 79 Cordoba.

I am stoked to go pick them up and very anxious so I am wondering if anyone knew what casting I should expect them to be? The guy has no clue.

Or is is too hard to tell right now?

The casting # from '77-'86 is 4027569.
The casting # '76 is 3671587 (same as '73-'74).
The casting # from '75-'76 (mid year) is 3769974.
The casting # from '73-'74 is 3671587.
The casting # from '70-'72 is 3418915.

Hope it works out for you,

Thanks GTX.

Is there a significant difference in performance capabilities with the 76-earlier and the 77-86? Would it be worth my time to invest in a set of earlier/later heads? Or possibly Magnum heads?

I looked at the 360 Builds in the tech section and Option 3 (with the 79 heads) and it seemed like the ticket for a good street motor.

Thanks GTX.

Is there a significant difference in performance capabilities with the 76-earlier and the 77-86? Would it be worth my time to invest in a set of earlier/later heads? Or possibly Magnum heads?

I looked at the 360 Builds in the tech section and Option 3 (with the 79 heads) and it seemed like the ticket for a good street motor.

Do you have the link to that?

The heads will port out OK. A Magnum head swap would probably be the best bang for the buck on the cheap.

-
Back