360 heads

-

65mopar273

Reaction score
I have a 99-5.9 magnum that i want to put in my 65 valiant , a friend gave me a aluminum intake Edelbrock #2835139 LD4B this intake wont bolt up to my heads because the magnum heads have a straight down bolt hole an the intake holes are at an angle, now would heads from a 77 jeep with a 360 work on this magnum ? the jeep has shsft mount rockers ant the magnum has pedisal mount rackers which push rods would i have to use, also the magnum heads have 4.6 in white # from the factory what does this mean? i am going to have the engine re built so changeing the heads is ok if i can find the right ones .8)

I would stick with the whole magnum engine and get another intake.
It'll be a lot cheaper in the end that way since making la heads work and acquiring all the necessary pieces will end up costing more than any intake.

You can go onto ebay and buy a pro products crosswind intake. It fits both la and maf heads and is the same thing as an edelbrock rpm airgap.

150 bucks.

Selling the intake you have will probably pay for the new one since all the other intakes are generally a lot more money.

Get yourself a set of EQ heads. They are based on the Magnum configuration with the option to have them drilled for the LA intake. All your stock rocker stuff/accessories etc. should bolt up since they are stock replacements. The thing is they flow really well. I've seen them around for $299 each but this is for bare heads.

You can't use JEEP anything because it is an AMC engine.

LOL, yea, it's a common mistake.

-
Back