360 help

-

tguss

Reaction score
i got my 360 done, it is a 78 model four barrel motor ,im running a hughes whiplash cam 504/515 with matching springs ,locks retainers,and lifters, i installed comp pushrods. the motor have the self adjusting rockers arm with shaft. (factory) . the motor started right up and sound decent other then sounds like rockerarms are too loose too much chatterning . i look in oilcap hole on valvecovers and notice rocker arms are rubbing each other are there suspose to be spacers inbetween rockerarms ?? any ideal on how to quiet the noise up ??

Download yourself a shop manual. Newest one I know of for download is the 72 manual in this thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088657

Thank AbodyJoe, he put it up

Make sure the rocker shafts are installed properly, and there should be no appreciable movement between rocker arms, IE spacers in the proper places should keep them from sliding side to side.

It's actually a little tough to come up with a good clear photo, maybe this will help. There are left and right rocker arms, and the fact is, they only fit one way

0900c15280052820.gif

Attachments

• rockershaft.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 117
if everything installed right and still making chatterning could push rods be too short ? i installed factory leanth and called hughes befor buying to see about pushrods for cam, would roller rockers with adjustable pushrods help any ?? thanks for help all

This is why I always recommend adjustable rockers on most any aftermarket cam. Though people argue me down. Make sure the shafts are installed correctly and go from there.

-
Back