360 Horse Power

-

kyles73dart

Reaction score
I have a 360 that i am building. It has a summit camshaft that has an rpm range is from 2000-4500, duration @.050" int./exh.= 218 deg/228 deg, Lift is .441/.441.
The pistons are standard bore. We also replaced the piston rings and all the bearings. Has Stock 360 heads with Long tube summit headers.
So I would like to know estimated HP it would produce. Thanks

Without zero decking the piston height, and/or milling the heads i agree with crackedback's more like number around 300 hp. that's a pretty low compression engine in stock form, but the plus side is you should be able to run it on any pump grade gas you choose.

I was thinkin more like 250-275. Remember compression is probably under 8:1. It has headers, but it has a larger cam than stock bleedin off more cylinder pressure. Aint got much of that to begin with.

I was thinkin more like 250-275. Remember compression is probably under 8:1. It has headers, but it has a larger cam than stock bleedin off more cylinder pressure. Aint got much of that to begin with.

Hopefully with some good machine work, and a intake and carb that's perfect for that combo, and some favorable factory clearances it would get to my number, but just a freshened block and heads and bolted together i'll agree with the 250-275number. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. Could be a nice driver.

Hopefully with some good machine work, and a intake and carb that's perfect for that combo, and some favorable factory clearances it would get to my number, but just a freshened block and heads and bolted together i'll agree with the 250-275number. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. Could be a nice driver.

Oh hell yeah. That's more kick than most people realize.

Just do like everyone else does... It's 400hp ;)

I agree with the above tho, 275-300hp unless some tricks were used, and that's plenty for an A body cruiser or cruiser/racer.

-
Back