360 in a 66 Barracuda. Manifold question.

-

willyj

Reaction score
What are my options as far as exhaust manifolds go for my 66 Barracuda.

I have a 360 I want to drop in and I have the stock 273 exhaust manifolds. Is there a better performance option out there. I do not want to cut the fender wells or bend or remove anything. Willing to go to headers if they will fit right.

Can the old 273 manifolds be match ported to the 360 head or is that taking off to much metal?

What are my options as far as exhaust manifolds go for my 66 Barracuda.

I have a 360 I want to drop in and I have the stock 273 exhaust manifolds. Is there a better performance option out there. I do not want to cut the fender wells or bend or remove anything. Willing to go to headers if they will fit right.

Can the old 273 manifolds be match ported to the 360 head or is that taking off to much metal?
Do you have power steering? Early 340 manifolds are the best iron you can get for that combo, need to be ground a bit for power steering. Spitfires will fit and are cheap if you can get them. Schumaker and Dougs makes no cut headers now as well as TTI, of course there is the semi fender Hooker's and my Hedmans which are full blown, full fenderwell race headers which are for sale by the way ;-)

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

there are a few choices for headers depends on how much u would like to spend .. some are harder to install than others, but there are a pair by flowtech that are mid length and are simple to install, it doesnt plumb around stearing and simple to install i think they go for about 180 or so and have a nice thick flange so they dont leak...ceramic are always nice though much more costly though..

there are a few choices for headers depends on how much u would like to spend .. some are harder to install than others, but there are a pair by flowtech that are mid length and are simple to install, it doesnt plumb around stearing and simple to install i think they go for about 180 or so and have a nice thick flange so they dont leak...ceramic are always nice though much more costly though..

I don't think the Flowtech's will fit 1966 and older.

If you don't want to do any cutting or bending and best overall fit and performance I suggest TTI's. In the long run (over the life of the headers) they are worth it IMO. Plus they loook awesome.

-
Back