360 is in!

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get pictures up, its like Christmas every time the UPS truck pulls up! Anyways, here are some progress pics of what we have done...
(unfortunately we didn't meet our goal to be done before fall fling as my ideas for the car grew)

Super 6:

DUSTER005.jpg

engine out and primed:

attachment-1.jpg

enginecompartment.jpg

Half and half paint job for now:
(looks like Im a Broncos Fan)

PICT1946.jpg

I've decided to paint the car orange:

PICT1948.jpg

PICT1947.jpg

PICT1949.jpg

This is my baby:

PICT2003.jpg

excuse the dust, Its was really windy and the fires didn't help much either.

The paint job came out REALLY nice, not so bad for do it yourself, and at night!! we did away with the heater and some other things so we have some wires to get rid of. we still need to install a few things like the battery,tq converter, tranny floor shifter,and electric fan etc. But shes on here way. Next stop breaks and suspension. Then body work and rims!

We used a sata jet 2000,and omni one stage paint, my buddy owns a paint and body shop so he assisted in the job.

looks just like the one I have from Northern Radiator.

Awesome. Wish we both could have made our goal of making it to the Fall Fling. Spring Fling for sure :0)

Dude, that simply looks great. You said what, half and hlaf? Nuts to that! You got the hardest part of the "Underhood" job done and nicley done! The rest is just opening up Christmas boxs and installing them.
Good job and have fun.

Nice job, for a rookie. And yes, the color is very appropriate for today.
Can you give a quick run-down on the 360 build? My son and I are planning a 360 for his '74 Duster.

Keep up the good work,
Jerry

The radiator is a Summit Brand 2 core radiator, we couldn't find a 3 core to fit the compartment. We also bought the matching overflow canister. The engine is a really conservative build, its bored 30 over with federal mogul flat tappit speed pro pistons, the cam came from a Rubens racing cams here in SoCal. Ill see if i can find the specs on the cam. Im running a set of TTI headers with the dynomax super turbo x pipe system to match. Its got an edelbrock rpm air gap intake with an edelbrock 750cfm carb. Mallory Ignition box, distributor and coil. I have March pulleys, a holley fuel pump and a racing water pump. This being my first "MUSCLE CAR" my dad capped the power right around 400 hp....

Thanks for the kind comments, im really pleased with the color and have a pretty good idea of a final product in mind.

Bryce

-
Back