360 la valve covers with 1.6 PRW roller rockers

-

Plato2k5

Reaction score
I am running the edelbrock EFI intake. I bought some alum. fabricated high height valve covers long ago. With the injector boss's I had to grind down the edge of the valve cover to fit that area...i ground to far and there is a hairline crack that has developed over the years. It leaks oil here driving me crazy! I tried to JB weld it and it will hold for a bit than come back. I assume since the alum. will expand when hot and opens up.

So i need new covers. Will stock covers work with the 1.6 ratio PRW roller rockers? Or do I need tall covers like what i have?

don't know about the stock valve covers but why no just have it welded correctly?

I thought about that.... however I have my jeep here at school with me and I do not like the idea of leaving the valve covers off for a day or two to have them fixed. No garage :(

actually... i may just braze it! never thought of doing that.... propane torch and rods from harbor freight.

Don't know about PRW rockers, I have Hughes 1.6 roller rockers on my 360, they hit the baffel.

Good luck!

I run a set of 1.6 stainless prw rocker arms under my factory express chrome valve covers (with baffles), but don't know about the aluminum rockers

I run the stainless rockers. My cam is only .500 lift.

-
Back