360 mag adjustable rockers valve lash

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
hey guys im putting chevy 350 adjustable stud rockers on my 360 magnum engine being that a magnum stock has pedestal rockers and no adjustment what is the valve lash spec is it the same as a 350 chevy

TDC 1
intake:1257
exaust:1348
etc.

There's a better one down there.

Attachments

• valvelash.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,130
What type of cam are you running? solid/hydraulic? If its hydraulic adjust it like you would the Chevys. Solids will have lash specs on the cam card.

You are probably running a setup very close to mine. Use the chart in Rumbles second post. To set the preload, tighten the adjusting nut until it touches the pushrod. This is where there is a difference of opinion. I prefer to tighten the adjusting nut 1/4 turn more then lock it. Some say that it should be a 1/2 turn. I just prefer a 1/4 turn. It's a little safer.

Jack

You are probably running a setup very close to mine. Use the chart in Rumbles second post. To set the preload, tighten the adjusting nut until it touches the pushrod. This is where there is a difference of opinion. I prefer to tighten the adjusting nut 1/4 turn more then lock it. Some say that it should be a 1/2 turn. I just prefer a 1/4 turn. It's a little safer.

Jack
Rumble,s 2nd post?Get the coffee into you Jack.LOL:coffee2:

You should only have lash if it's a solid cam. The amount of lash is specified by the cam mfg. and can range anywhere from about .012"~.030". If it's hydraulic you need to preload it like Jack said although the amount differs by mfg. Some hyd. roller cams require up to .060" preload which with a 3/8-24 thread adjuster would be approx. 1-1/2 turns.

i decided to go against putting the 350 rockers in because i just got some w2 heads with pedestal mount needle bearing aluminum rockers but i havent decided to use hydraulic or solid lifters id need diff. rods for the solids

-
Back