360 magnum engine,stock serpentine belt system with motor plate???

-

mopar65

Reaction score
Well I might of found a 75 dart sport that was built to be a race car. It's set up with a big block right now, but the owner will sell it as a roller. OK I don't know if I would have a small problem or not? What I am talking about is the car has been set up with a Mustang II front-end. Instead of trying to weld motor mounts on the frame. I think it would just be easier to run a motor plate like the big block used. My question and concern is if I do, will i run into problems trying to run the factory serpentine belt system? If I get a plate it will be from A/R engineering and is 3/8 thick

I just looked at their motor plate. That plate pretty much blocks the area where the PS pump and alternator bracket would go. Yes, you will run into problems.

Hey thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the plate. Also I was having trouble getting A/R website to load up so I couldn't get a look at the plate.

258yn4k.png

I've seen kits to mount an alternator under the plate and then driven with a small belt off the crank, haven't seen anything for power steering, and definitely no way to install the accessories in the stock location to run the serpentine belt.

-
Back