360 Magnum engine

-
I thought the rules said that you had to use a factory manufactured rear end from the factory that was made for a car.
Which to me would mean a Dana that was manufactured for a b-body or an e body or station wagon that had been narrow to fit the a body. Or the a body Dana that direct connection made.
But if what you say is true I already have a 52 and 5/8 Dana that I could shove under mine. I would rather have the Dana than the eight three quarter even though I'm running a 904 with 8 inch converter with the low gear set in the 904.
I have slide-a-links.
I'll have to check it out. Seems funny through, Ford trucks came with 9" rears, Chevy trucks, I think, came with 12 bolt rears. So the rational, to me, doesn't fit. The cost of Dana car rears has gone overboard almost to the point of crazy doing one. If they allow the Strange S60, why not a truck one? Maybe, their thinking is that all truck makes had a Dana offered, so theoretically one could use it in each brand car.

I had an out of the box 360/380 crate motor. 4.56 gear, 9.5" Dynamic converter, 9x30 / 94.0" bias slicks on a 7" wheel. It would go through the lights at 5700.

-
Back