360 magnum with chevy roller rockers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
started doing it about 20yrs ago. Is there magic in this swap? NO! Of course if your running a solid valvetrain you need adjustability,but for a simple hyd setup I wouldn't waste the time. Recently (for a customer) went from the factory rockers to a very sweet set of Crower stainless enduro rockers 1.7 ratio and saw little to no gains on the track. There are easy gains and not so easy gains to be had.

I lost interest recently when I read that there a couple of you guys had minimal gains minimal gains for the expense...I read a dyno report on the conversion and the gains were only 12 horsepower...seems like a lot of expense and frigging for the gains

I lost interest recently when I read that there a couple of you guys had minimal gains minimal gains for the expense...I read a dyno report on the conversion and the gains were only 12 horsepower...seems like a lot of expense and frigging for the gains[/QUOTE After you tap all the cheap gains and need a bit more I can see it,but most miss the good stuff and waste $$$ on things that do not show up on a time slip. JME

It does become a trade off,after a while. To the average street/strip guy,not worth it. To a all out/class racer(with sponsorship/money to burn) may chase it.

Yep,if it's class legal,and after testing shows gains you might as well do it. I've found large gains in stuff that is NEVER brought up on the net and minimal gains with stuff that gets lot's of attention on the net. guess perspective is the key.

here is photo of chevy roller tip rockers on EQ magnum heads, had to use ford/olds rocker studs (CompCAm part). If your looking for more valve lift this is one way to get it and still keep seat duration shorter for good street manners.

Attachments

• sm_EQ rocker arm geometry 001.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 468
  • sm_EQ rocker arm geometry 003.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 476
  • sm_EQ rocker arm geometry 004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 454
I did 1.5 ratio,to kill lift on E/Q heads. Maximum allowed was .530.The can I picked ,went .550 plus with a 1.6.Back down to .520 .

Minus the lost lift from the lifter/pushrod angle you'd end up less than .500 net. I use higher ratio rockers to make up the loss. LOL

Measures. 510 actual at the intake.. 520 advertised. Go back to Mop arts,spread your crap there(lol!).

here is photo of chevy roller tip rockers on EQ magnum heads, had to use ford/olds rocker studs (CompCAm part). If your looking for more valve lift this is one way to get it and still keep seat duration shorter for good street manners.
look at those valve stems...... not a good wear pattern there

Again.Ridiculed,in my own thread? C'mon ,you rarely post here. Gimme a break.

Typical Mofarts member.... Why I put ,a FABO catalytic converter on your ***...

Attachments

• SIGN-FART.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back