360 motor differences

-

Avispa

Reaction score
My plan is to install the Vintage Air unit on my 65 Dart with a 360 in it, the block in the car says 79.Vintage Air has a bracket that will mound the A/C compressor, power steering pump, and the alternator to the motor but they list it as fitting a 70-78 318/340/360, for some reason I couldn't copy the picture, but here's the link to the picture's and instructions, https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/162774-SDA.pdf
My question is, what is the difference in the 78 and 79 360 motor that would not let this bracket fit a 79 motor.
TIA

Alternator/power steer pump style changed is all.

The block and its mounting holes on the heads are all the same on the early la non Magnum version. So... use accessories from 78 and earlier and it would seem you would be just fine.

My plan is to install the Vintage Air unit on my 65 Dart with a 360 in it, the block in the car says 79.Vintage Air has a bracket that will mound the A/C compressor, power steering pump, and the alternator to the motor but they list it as fitting a 70-78 318/340/360, for some reason I couldn't copy the picture, but here's the link to the picture's and instructions, https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/162774-SDA.pdf
My question is, what is the difference in the 78 and 79 360 motor that would not let this bracket fit a 79 motor.
TIA
Didn’t they switch to sanden A/C compressors at that time? Different mounting

OK, not following your point, the car has no AC and never did, it will be all Vintage Air, compressor, controls, diffuser, hose's, etc. Yes it will be a Sanden 508 compressor. From looking at the way the bracket mounts to the WP,, it should work, right?
Thanks for the comments.

“but they list it as fitting a 70-78 318/340/360, “

Those years ( I am not certain what year the Chrysler Corp switched to sanden compressors) are NOT sanden compressor A/C systems/mounting/hook ups.

The sanden compressor is different, but available in southern junkyards on dodge diplomats, Chrysler 300’s. With the 318 or 360

OK, not following your point, the car has no AC and never did, it will be all Vintage Air, compressor, controls, diffuser, hose's, etc. Yes it will be a Sanden 508 compressor. From looking at the way the bracket mounts to the WP,, it should work, right?
Thanks for the comments.
It will work fine. Take pics, we will help you out

-
Back