360 Oil fitting

-

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
I’m prepping a 360 to go into a vehicle and I noticed that it doesn’t have the fitting that the oil filter screws on to. Where would I be able to find this part?

Thanks.

your best bet would be on here
they are almost impossible to find new

now, since that part is missing, i would double check to make sure the filter plate is still there

your best bet would be on here
they are almost impossible to find new

now, since that part is missing, i would double check to make sure the filter plate is still there

EE426D40-747D-4408-A388-EF0E5455200B.jpeg

Last edited:
Several years ago a friend lost his oil filter adapter bolt. We figured it would be no big deal to swing by the dealership and pick one up. Well, it turned out the bolt was non-stock and had to be ordered for $65.00. We swung by the wrecking yard on the way home and the guy said, "Just go pull one off those blocks over ther in the pile." We lked the free one better!:)

I’ve got another 360 shortblock I’ll have to check. If not I’ll have to post a wanted ad.

Well my extra 360 shortblock has both the fitting and plate. Problem is that it’s stuck like chuck and my socket slipped off of it. Suggestions?

Look down the center of the adapter
Some will take a 3/8 or 1/2 inch extension

Otherwise get a 1 inch socket and grind the edge down so it sits flat and start busting knuckles

Summit has it cheaper, just got the "CANTON" billet with O-ring for $44. and the bolt with threads on both side if you read the ratings on the Canton someone wrote the part # for the bolt I think so you don't have to look for #. -Jed.

Summit has it cheaper, just got the "CANTON" billet with O-ring for $44. and the bolt with threads on both side if you read the ratings on the Canton someone wrote the part # for the bolt I think so you don't have to look for #. -Jed.

How recent did you buy it? On summit the plate is $60 and the fitting is an additional $5 or so.

Canton Racing Oil Filter Plates 22-575

How recent did you buy it? On summit the plate is $60 and the fitting is an additional $5 or so.

Canton Racing Oil Filter Plates 22-575
WOW!!! That jumped up. I payed 44 about two months ago. I just got there catalog yesterday, a lot of stuff just jumped up a bunch. I was going to get a Derale trans pan, it's been 113.97 for years now the new catalog it's 171.99 . A $58 jump on one pan. Your part just went up recently. Sorry. I should have looked, was just going off what I remembered off the top of my head. -Jed.

The center bore of the adapter is square cut at will accept an extension?
Yes, that was my point...you put an extension in there and crank on if

And be careful ordering the adapter online...be sure it is "in stock"

And if you go with the stock style plate, be sure to drill a few extra holes in it, and bevel them for increased oil flow

Yes, that was my point...you put an extension in there and crank on if

And be careful ordering the adapter online...be sure it is "in stock"

And if you go with the stock style plate, be sure to drill a few extra holes in it, and bevel them for increased oil flow
I’ll try the extension method. Wouldn’t want to round off the outside of it. Thanks.

WOW!!! That jumped up. I payed 44 about two months ago. I just got there catalog yesterday, a lot of stuff just jumped up a bunch. I was going to get a Derale trans pan, it's been 113.97 for years now the new catalog it's 171.99 . A $58 jump on one pan. Your part just went up recently. Sorry. I should have looked, was just going off what I remembered off the top of my head. -Jed.

Yeah I was looking at a set of electric fans and the shroud. That also jumped in price over the course of a couple of weeks.

I will look around, I have a plate and bolt somewhere close.

Any Dodge Truck, van and Durango with 3.9, 318,360 will have this. Go to a junkyard or pull a part. Probably less than $10

Summits prices probably jumped because they recently started handing out 10% off coupons again after quitting the practice for several years

Hughes engine has both the plate and the stud thats goes there, just bought them both.

-
Back