360 oil pan and sump

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought the pan,pick up and dipstick all from the dealer in a kit for $80.. thats you best bet if you ask me.. it was a MP package

if your a good welder,you can do it yourselve..i did it on mine,just cut the rear piece out of an 318 pan and weld it in,and use the pickup out off an 318

abodyjoe is right, it is worth fooling with for how reasonable it is to purchase a whole kit.

Chuck

MP discontinued that pan kit and it's over $150 now if you can find one....

I found out cause I was looking for one for a 360 I was thinking of building....It's cheaper now to get a pan off eBay or from a friend and then buy a pick-up from Napa or Autozone.

That brings up a question, why is there so many used pans for sale without pick up tube? You would think that if they removed the pan from a motor the pick up tube would be there too. I picked up a bunch of parts and cars from a guy cleaning his place up this spring and I can't find one pickup tube in the lot but there are 4 pans. None like Dusterboy needs thought.

Chuck

Ya know that is a good question. I wonder if people just pitch em with the old oil pump when they strip a motor down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back