360 oil pan ?

-

71dartdaisy

Reaction score
Hey guys I have 71 swinger it was originally a /6 it had a 318 when I bout it now I am currently building a 360 for it my ? Is with it haveing the /6 k frame what oil pan (sump location)will fit in my car. Thanks in advanced for the answers guys.

I did the same thing with a 73 Duster.... I used a normal passenger car pan w/ a center sump. The truck oil pans are the ones with the rear sump. You also may need new motor mounts for the 360 as the 318 mounts for a s6 conversion are different (I think). LoL

This site has all the engine swap info that I used.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/67.72aBody.html#head1

Good Luck,

Brian

318 -360 mount brackets are almost the same, 318 brackets just need a few washers behind the 360 driver ear to take up the slack from Ma Mopar moving them. I got a chrome 360 car pan if you need it, PM me.

I appreciate the offers guys yea I'm going to need one but the guy building my motor will only warranty his work if I buy on with baffling and everything...I bought a 360 block and sent it to the machine shop pretty much everything going back in it is brand new holy expensive Haha

My builder was the same way no warranty unless you get what I say.In the end its better that way.Good luck.

There is some debate whether or not a 6 cyl steering center link will clear a V-8 oil pan.
Might want to look into that.

Hey guys I have 71 swinger it was originally a /6 it had a 318 when I bout it now I am currently building a 360 for it my ? Is with it haveing the /6 k frame what oil pan (sump location)will fit in my car. Thanks in advanced for the answers guys.

The 318, 340 and 360 OEM car oil pans have the same sump location, if the 318 clears then the 360 will also. I have a 70 Duster that had a /6 now has a 360, still has /6 K frame, I used Schumacher mounts, fits perfect, headers clear, ect.

-
Back