360 passenger side spool mount

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I may be getting a 360 for my project. I currently have a spool mount 318 setup. How much different is the 360 passenger side mount?

Being i weld and fabricate, is it just a matter of cutting and rewelding this 318 passenger side mount to make it into what i need.

I dont have the 360 yet, so i am unsure of the differences between the 2 mounts. Maybe somebody has pix of both mounts, with maybe a tape measure so i can figure out whats different.

Thanks
Matt

The pass side is the same for 273/318/340/360.

It's the driver's side that's about a 1/2" difference between 273/318 and 340/360...

You should be able to order new ones from any parts store...

Or modify your own, I've seen your work...

The pass side is the same for 273/318/340/360.

It's the driver's side that's about a 1/2" difference between 273/318 and 340/360...

You should be able to order new ones from any parts store...

Or modify your own, I've seen your work...

I made a spacer on my 74 Satellite with a 340 using 318 spool mounts....been going good since 1994 :glasses7:

Ok thanks guys. I dunno why i keep thinking its the passenger side.

I checked autozone they have the whole assemblies for $10 seems inexpensive to me, however they list the same PNs for 318 and 360 for both sides. Since i dont have a 360 mount i dunno what the difference is. I guess i will find out LOL.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks for the kudos on the fabrication skills krazykuda.

I looked up pix online, what i found is the LH mount ears on the block for a 360. The FWD ear is in same location as a 318. The AFT mount ear is cast approx 1/4" fwd of where its located on a 318.

Just a simple spacer will do, or i can cut and section the rear mounting tab on the spool mount itself, moving it 1/4" forward.

In the end no big deal, it was the not knowing part i guess. Now i know what to expect.

Thanks
Matt

Actually, you can bend those spool mounts, "no spacer needed" LOL

Actually, you can bend those spool mounts, "no spacer needed" LOL

With rubber mounts ya might be able to force it to your will. But driveline will still be under stress at the mount location. However with poly mounts ya cant force the mount to move.

Whatever you do, pay attention that it does not affect the fore/aft position of the engine and mount relationship to the k-frame mount, or you may have problems dropping it in...

Whatever you do, pay attention that it does not affect the fore/aft position of the engine and mount relationship to the k-frame mount, or you may have problems dropping it in...

Since all that is installed is a bare K frame, i have room. I plan on bolting in the pass side mount, bellhousing, transmission etc to make sure its all lined up, using a 2x4 block and a floor jack i will get the engine sitting level. Then i will mod the LH mount to fit while the rest is sitting correctly.

Looks to be that the aft engine ear on the LH side is moved fwd about 1/4" on the 340, 360 compared to the 318. The FWD ear on the LH side is in the same location as the 318, and the pass side is the same as the 318. So its actually the addition of a spacer between the LH rear block mount ear, and the engine mount bracket thats needed.

I have a pic i downloaded, however i cant get it to load to show what i am talking about.

-
Back