360 performer intake leaking at gaskets

-

C300

Reaction score
I ordered new .065 gaskets because that was what was on it when i bought it. they were loose when i got the (new to me)engine. so, they leak again. not when cold, but more as it gets hot. yes i know that something was milled off. is there a measurerment of the head thickness, or what ? do i measure. i'm going to stick the original engines cast 4 brl manifold on. but if its the head, will be the same, anyone ? i need to get this going with the least dramma. its my tow/work truck. need it now. has doubling the gaskets worked ? it's stock, but works hard. 4.11 gears. thanks, C300

damm, thats thick. are they soft/crushable ? thanks ! i had an intake years ago that was for milled heads (355 chevy circle track motor) no way to use it besides that motor, hope this isn't the same deal.

ok, i can only find .125 for W2 heads. .062 for all others. got a part # or a place to call/order from, maybe just not listed ? thanks, C300

Are there 2 Barrel Cylinder Heads Port Size: 1.050″ x 2.187″ as apposed to 4 Barrel Cylinder Heads 1.150″ x 2.250″ Stock ? i ordered the "stock" size. the 16907 is a hundred thou. bigger. i have the fel-pro 1213S3 now. Printoseal, 2.27 in. x 1.16 in. Port, .065 in. Thick. maybe i ordered wrong. edelbrock performer on stock heads. they lined up, just not thick enough to seal it. Dammm

Stock low performance stuff sucks, too many variables !!!

Have the dowel pins in the china walls been removed?

-
Back