-
Status
Not open for further replies.

va-mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone, I have a friend who's building a small block 360 and has misplaced the Oil Slinger. Anyone have one? I found them on eBay , but hoping to get one cheaper. the zip would be 24179,VA. Thanks'

you can buy them direct from your mopar dealer and it is not a p- part. I buy them by the dozen and keep then in stock for my customer engines. part number 2899530

I agree. I'll keep searching. Thanks' cudak888

Your friend is building an engine and a $8 part is too expensive?!? I about spit my coffee out when I read that.

I have one new in the package that my builder didn't use on my engine.

Your friend is building an engine and a $8 part is too expensive?!? I about spit my coffee out when I read that.

That's the definition of an engine build: A whole lot of $8 parts adding up ;)

Jokes aside, when I got my own oil slinger from Amazon, I felt more than a bit cheated at the $13 price myself. Regardless of how much we throw at our engines, trying to charge anywhere from $15-22 for a piece of extremely thin stamped steel (that would probably run no more than $6 max if it were a Doorman part) upsets me a bit.

Heck, the edges weren't even smooth - there were parts where the stamping die left ridges that I could easily cut myself on - not to mention that the crankshaft bore and keyway on them are loose as the t!ts on a goose.

I'll bet that all the current production comes from the same source too, so whether you pay $8 or $18, the disc you get is the same.

Frankly, if I pay a performance part price for something - anything - I want to feel the performance part quality in my hands. Not only does it make the purchase feel better, it makes me feel that much more confident and proud of the effort I'm putting into my engine (or anything else). Even if it's a simple slinger disc.

-Kurt

I didn't agree to $8 being too expensive. But $13 for that , yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back