360 Street/Strip Bruiser-Dyno results

-

RAMM

Reaction score
The build:
'84 360 block .060" (bores would not cleanup at anything less)
Eagle steel crank 3.58" (stock stroke)
Scat I-beams (stock length)
Icon Forged flat tops 4.06" @ zero deck 1/16" ring pack Napier 2nd
Felpro 519 SD gaskets
Comp Cam 294 S w Hughes EDM lifters
Heavily ported EQ Magnums 300cfm @ .600"+
T&D 1.5/1.5 shaft rockers
Eddy 2815 SV intake
Holley 950 HP Ultra
1 5/8"-1 3/4" dyno headers with Magnaflow muffs.

So here we have a 10.8 comp stock stroke 360 with a low lift solid lifter camshaft I bought at a garage sale for $60 with heads that are iron. Admittedly the trickest parts of the build are the rockers and induction. Nevertheless I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. J.Rob

Attachments

• IMG-20140526-00612.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 983
Here's the results. This was the final test last Friday. I turned it 7250 rpm many times just to see the shape of the curve. This engine is the happiest revving 360 I've ever built. This would certainly be happier in a more strip oriented ride I would imagine.

Yes it's a little rich--I ran out of gas and time on Friday. There may be more. J.Rob

Attachments

• 540hpdyno.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,045
I always enjoy your posts and sharing !!!
I also like that you do stuff with stock stroke 360's
That motor is a brute !!!
Nice work !!
I have all the parts for a similar build.
A little more cam and aluminum heads .
Hope mine does that well !!
Jim

Nice build JRob

Those holley guys sure don't help much with the fuel curves they throw into the HP carbs. $800+ for a carb that needs a ton of work OOTB. SHeesh...

The Ultra Hp's are the best carbs for the money--The 750 is the absolute best needing nothing OOTB. This 950 being a true 950 is probably too much carb for this little guy--causing the erratic fuel curve. No big deal to correct though-a couple more pulls would have done it. I just wanted to get all of these parts together in one build and prove it was healthy. J.Rob

Nice work j.rob!!! I really think the power is in those 300 flow heads. Can't imagine what a spec'd solid roller would do in that bad boy.

Nice work j.rob!!! I really think the power is in those 300 flow heads. Can't imagine what a spec'd solid roller would do in that bad boy.

Thanks, Well interestingly enough I had these heads and intake on a 416 in 2012 and it made 563 hp @ 6100-6200 rpm with a 252 @ .050 .660" hydraulic roller. I think the small exhaust port window and header tube size is the next bottle neck. This build also re-emphasizes the absolute NEED for suitably sized heads when using a 4" stroke. J.Rob

-
Back