360 to AMC

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have somebody local that is interested in my 360. He wants to know if the AMC tranny he has will bolt up to the small block Mopar. Lets assume it is for an AMC small block.

Anybody know?

Jack

I have somebody local that is interested in my 360. He wants to know if the AMC tranny he has will bolt up to the small block Mopar. Lets assume it is for an AMC small block.

Anybody know?

Jack
No. They have different bolt patterns along with flex plate and converters. I own both

Hi Jack,with all the adapters they make today,you might beable to add an adapter plate to match the 360/AMC trans.Just a thought...Google is your friend LOL.

I think you can transfer the AMC tranny guts to a Mopar case. I could be wrong, but I think someone did this trick a while back. JMT's

I think you can transfer the AMC tranny guts to a Mopar case. I could be wrong, but I think someone did this trick a while back. JMT's

That's possible since AMC used a lot of torque command transmissions which were basically torqueflites with a different bellhousing pattern. But why would you want to do that? I'd find a complete Mopar trans. and use it.

Hi Jack,with all the adapters they make today,you might beable to add an adapter plate to match the 360/AMC trans.Just a thought...Google is your friend LOL.

I think Novak makes the adapters, but at the price of an adapter you could find a rebuildable core and swap guts.

They are the same on the inside and the tail shafts interchange. I had a 4x4 AMC trans that I put a 727 mopar tail shaft and output onto to make it 2WD

-
Back