360 to stroker combo ...question on what kit

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
May go with a stroker kit for the my 360 magnum. Was wondering if anyone on here has bought a Scat stroker kit off eBay sold by Cleggs they sell a balanced kit for 1232.00 or unbalanced for like 1150.00. Any thought are helpful and I'm not building a all out drag engine but it will see some drag racing. It's a cast crank and I'm using stock magnum heads so around 425 no and 450 to 475tq is about my linuts and don't plan on spinning it over say 6200rpm

the Scat kit is a very nice kit for the money. I have been bag pruning mine for 8 years now. the secret is a good balance job .

So should I get it unbalanced and have that done locally.

I got mine balanced from scat. Smooth to me. 5000-5800 lap after continuous lap at the track for me.

OU812 (Brian) from IMMengines said he's checked SCAT kits and they had good balance for street strip motor under 500 hp. He could have charged me to have mine balanced and probably made more money.

The kit is from cleggs on eBay ...did some reasearch and they seem good , been in business a long time. I'm not gonna make over 500 I'm gonna use the stock magnum heads and some home porting at the pinch point . I think I'll be ok

Look up the part number from cleggs and cross check it with summit. I did the same and got my kit from summit for a couple hundred less and a 2 week lead time instead of 6 to 8 from cleggs

Be careful with Summit, they were trying to sell me an LA kit and said everything was the same. Clegg price matched with free shipping and got me the pistons for the Magnum block. Also shipping was 2 weeks quicker than Summit.

-
Back