360 valve train ?

-

BLOW-DART

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Here's what i have

mid 70's 360 block with j heads. was fully rebuilt by machine shop 4 years ago

30 over, keith black hypereutectic(spelling?) pistons, requested a max of 9.75:1 compression but not positive on the exact compression, balanced, pretty sure blue printed but not positive, stock crank and rods, double roller timing chain.

heads are 202 160's rebuilt with stock steel rockers.

cam is a 284 484 hydraulic with new lifters and pushrods

intake is an airgap with a 750 demon

ran this motor in an A100 van for a few months, dont even think i have 1000miles on it. it was then pulled when i got rid of the van and has sat sealed up in the garage for a few years. now im pulling some of the top end and timing cover etc to do some inspection before i put it in my 64 barracuda. if i come across some extra money im considering going to solid roller set up for cam and valve train.

would like some input on what all is involved in doing that, and what the gain would possibly be?

Contact Brain (OU812) for his drop in solid roller lifters.
The gain with a roller is big and a solid roller has higher RPM capabilties. It may be a little tuff to find one small enuff for certain applications. AKA street driven, but there out there.

You'll need new;

Pushrods
valve springs and possible retainers and locks for the springs
Rockers as well. Adjustable roller rockers can be found here for sale in the Mopar engines parts section.

The heads being a stock rebuild head could use a pocket/bowl porting in order to take advantage of even the smallest cams.

-
Back