361 Question...

-

Lost Bushman

Rich with Anti-Money
Reaction score
My brother just picked up a '62 Newport with a 361. He asked me if a B/RB factory intake would fit on the 361 engine. Since I'm not sure, I'm going to pass it on to the experts.....

Anybody?

An intake from a 383-400 will work, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a 62 Newport.

Yeah, he just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Clean AZ rust free car. Apparently, it runs and drives, but he wants 4bbl power. So an intake from a 383-400 will work, but NOT a 440?

Yep, the 383 was the only engine that was available as a B & RB. I passed up the chance to buy one of the RB-383's a few years ago.

It had a rare Cross-Ram (the tube style) Intake installed on it and a Push Button Auto behind it... All for the low-low price of $150... You know what I spent that money on instead? Parts for a truck that died a few months later anyway :banghead:

At the time, i didn't know the intake that someone had put on it was worth more than my truck and several of my other vehicles combined :tongue10:

Quote: So an intake from a 383-400 will work, but NOT a 440

That is correct, the 383/400 compared to the 440 manifolds are dimensionally different

-
Back