372" 1972 Dart

-

HuntedDuckV351

Reaction score
Just went out to Norwalk this past Saturday to make the first laps on this new combo. My son bought a 372 340 based block that we went through and rebuilt. Had a member here port the heads and a new victor 340 intake. Sent the csm out to bullet for a regrind to get the specs more to my liking. .645 263/267 on a 106 installed at 102. 13:1 compression with some J&E dome pistons that were sent out to be coated. 1 3/4 hooked super comps for headers.

On to the transmission we he went with a powerglide and an 8" convertor that quickdraw performance restarted to 5500. The transmission is supplied with a 1.80 straight cut gear set in a BTE case with a Reid bell.

So now that you have a little back story on the combo this is what is ran this weekend. First pass it went 1.547 60ft and 6.88 at 99.52 launch at 3400 and shifting at 6500. Made a couple of adjustments for rd1 were he dialed 6.85 and the car went 6.844 at 99.96. He was .010 up front for the win.

So all in all it wasn't a bad first outing as we got a few things to work on before this weekends race at Trails. I was thinking the car should be able to run high 6.60s low 70s.

Honestly not bad but the 60 foot is way soft. Read some of @-Boosted- posts and you will see how quick his ET’s jumped when he lowered his 60 foot times. Did you verify the 5500 stall.

Here’s one of Matt’s passes with his 360 before he worked on his 60 foot times a little more.

IMG_2835.jpeg

The 60 ft is killing you i took the glide back out of my car never could get it to 60 ft with the glide if your just bracket racing then your good if your chasing the the scoreboards then you will be making some changes to get the car to 60 ft John is 1 of the best on the small block heads he does great work

The 60 ft is killing you i took the glide back out of my car never could get it to 60 ft with the glide if your just bracket racing then your good if your chasing the the scoreboards then you will be making some changes to get the car to 60 ft John is 1 of the best on the small block heads he does great work
Just some bracket racers....consistency is definitely the key for us

I believe it's an Audi color. Here's a bit better pic

View attachment 1716250864
Nice car !! I agree the 60 fts should be at least a tenth better in the mid to low 1.40 range for that E.T. .. my Dart with a 410 c.i. small block at 3150 lbs. ran 6.80s with a 1.42 60 ft but I run a 904 . I slow the car down with throttle stop to run 7.35/ 11.50 for the classes I run and my 60 fts. are 1.48 - 1.52

Just went out to Norwalk this past Saturday to make the first laps on this new combo. My son bought a 372 340 based block that we went through and rebuilt. Had a member here port the heads and a new victor 340 intake. Sent the csm out to bullet for a regrind to get the specs more to my liking. .645 263/267 on a 106 installed at 102. 13:1 compression with some J&E dome pistons that were sent out to be coated. 1 3/4 hooked super comps for headers.

On to the transmission we he went with a powerglide and an 8" convertor that quickdraw performance restarted to 5500. The transmission is supplied with a 1.80 straight cut gear set in a BTE case with a Reid bell.

So now that you have a little back story on the combo this is what is ran this weekend. First pass it went 1.547 60ft and 6.88 at 99.52 launch at 3400 and shifting at 6500. Made a couple of adjustments for rd1 were he dialed 6.85 and the car went 6.844 at 99.96. He was .010 up front for the win.

So all in all it wasn't a bad first outing as we got a few things to work on before this weekends race at Trails. I was thinking the car should be able to run high 6.60s low 70s.
That's a nice car! Keep working things and it'll get to where you expect.

Nice car !! I agree the 60 fts should be at least a tenth better in the mid to low 1.40 range for that E.T. .. my Dart with a 410 c.i. small block at 3150 lbs. ran 6.80s with a 1.42 60 ft but I run a 904 . I slow the car down with throttle stop to run 7.35/ 11.50 for the classes I run and my 60 fts. are 1.48 - 1.52
Low 1.40s will be tough but I would like to see 1.47-1.48....look like the weather is improving so he will get to put some more passes on it this weekend

I forget what it's called but I know exactly what it is, I did want to paint my 70 dart that color.
Great taste in color dude.
I have one problem with it though, I can't paint mine that color now
Yeah he really likes this color....

People don’t give a powerglide enough credit in how fast it can sixty foot. All they ask for is a 5600 stall converter or higher and some gearing help. Especially with a stock stroke engine. My car loved the 1.98 low gearset and had some great 1.25 sixty foot times but the car was to violent. Fun but violent with constant shock adjustments per weather and track. With the 1.80 gearset my car now hovers in the 1.28-1.31 area with the same 1/8 mile ET.

People don’t give a powerglide enough credit in how fast it can sixty foot. All they ask for is a 5600 stall converter or higher and some gearing help. Especially with a stock stroke engine. My car loved the 1.98 low gearset and had some great 1.25 sixty foot times but the car was to violent. Fun but violent with constant shock adjustments per weather and track. With the 1.80 gearset my car now hovers in the 1.28-1.31 area with the same 1/8 mile ET.

On a heavier car with a bracket type motor it’s harder to get it to 60 like a 3 speed though.

We talked about going 1.98 but the transmission guy said they're not as strong so we went with the 1.80. Getting ready to go out and learn some more tonight.

On a heavier car with a bracket type motor it’s harder to get it to 60 like a 3 speed though.

I can’t wait till Matt gets his car back out with his new powerglide. At 3200 pounds hopefully we will rock some of you guys thinking.

-
Back