383/440 Front Motor Plate???

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Wheres the cheapest place to get a 383/440 front motor plate?? I'm on a tight budget, razzle dazzle isn't a priority, just function... I thought about putting a wanted ad in the parts section, doesn't seem like many race parts are listed there....

Thanks for any info...

Under mopar motorplate on ebay theres a choice of small block plate or big block for $109. I have seen used ones for $40.Ill keep my eyes open.

recycle centers or call a welding shop and ask them if they weld alm.they my have a piece lying around.....if you need a pattern you could use mine you pay the shipping......Artie ps. pm me your address ill check in later tonight......

try a recycle place if there is one close by or you may have to go to bigger city. i'm in warrenton and have to go to henderson or raleigh for most everything.

try a recycle place if there is one close by or you may have to go to bigger city. i'm in warrenton and have to go to henderson or raleigh for most everything.

I used to work at the only scrap/recycle yard in the county, we never got any aluminum plate in thick or big enough to make a motor plate out of... All we have around here is rock, dirt, trees and one wal-mart...

recycle centers or call a welding shop and ask them if they weld alm.they my have a piece lying around.....if you need a pattern you could use mine you pay the shipping......Artie ps. pm me your address ill check in later tonight......

If I just had the aluminum plate, I could make it from my water pump pattern...

can u still run alternator and waterpump with one?

can u still run alternator and waterpump with one?

Sure can! I love motor plates. I used the one I bought to make one for my buddies 440 Dart I put together for him. It was a way low budget deal, so we used 1/4" steel plate. The plate weighed 8 pounds, which I figure was still less than the factory mounts.

youll have to space the alternater out, longer spacers in the back, an easy fix then theres the crank pulley to deal with, I had to space mine out 1/4 inch due to a 1/2 thick motor plate, if you have power steering and or AC then thats a few more probs to deal with. Dont use 1/2 inch LOL
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=167860&stc=1&d=1281258020

pics 111.jpg

Mill the water pump housing down 1/4 of an inch,the thickness of the plate. This will align the pullies and use a good waterpump. I had good luck with flowcooler w/p.

There is a factory crank pulley that works without spacing using a 1/4" plate. I picked one out of the parts pile for my buddies 440 Dart. I'm sure it was the last one I had...

-
Back