[WANTED] 383 engine running or not

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking to buy 383 engine or just block. Date code 6-68 or 7-68 or 8-68 running or apart. With out heads or with . Thanks

I do not have one but are always looking for one in that range. Would be nice if folks would put up vin numbers and other numbers on the pads of these blocks! Many of us are hoping to find the original to our cars!

I know my current engine has no vin on the right side lower pad or a vin on the bellhousing flange. The deck pad has E383 and HP no other marks. (seems 69)

The pan rail at the starter is PT383H25130103, I de-code as Trenton plant High Performance (Road Runner) assembled Friday 6/14/68 103 built that day.

Block should be PT383S...... for A-body.

How this block found its way in my car is unknown, (assume warranty) it has the A-body boss holes for the left side mount and the extra mount ear on the left side used in B-body cars is there.

This is the kind of info many would like to know when someone is selling and engine and or block.

69-25-1_page5.jpg

69-25-1_page6.jpg

69-25-1_page8.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 3/17/69 dated 383HP if you ever need it let me know
My block has the number by the trans flange of 8A345727 and D383 stamped on the ID pad. Most likely from a B-body as its a Lynch road VIN. I am asking $200 for anyone if the OP doesnt want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back