-
Status
Not open for further replies.

vette1986

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does ANYONE out there have one of these left side exhaust manifolds that Accurate LTD made for the 383 dart? I have been searching high and low and they were discontinued but I could really use one if someone has one for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has installed a set of B body HP manifolds on a 68-69 4 speed dart with no power brakes and manual steering with success let me know what you ran into. Thanks Mike

I can recommend using schumaker creative service A-BODY 383-440 HEADERS, they are not restrictive like the factory manifolds, they are less expensive, and they work great, no excessive heat from traditional headers, they don't rust out, and best of all, you can remove the spark plugs in less then 5 minutes

I use them all the time, when I do these big block engine swaps, as well as my own personal car

mopar charlie
727-271-5068

I agree with hemidart. I just put in Schumachers for my 440 that is in my original 69 383-S fastback barracuda. They went in with the engine in place. They are high quality.
Rod

Here is a photo of my engine, with the schumaker big block headers

MOPAR CHARLIE

Attachments

• DSC00020.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00021.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 254
What does it take to run a 4 speed with them though? The site just says you can go to a hydralic clutch setup or modify the headers to fit. I wonder what the modification is to them?

the headers will work with the 4 speed, there is plenty of room for the z-bar, I would suggest using a "mini starter", simply order a new mini starter from advance auto parts, or any local auto parts store, application is from a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 5.2 cubic inch ( 318 ).

This is the exact starter that Mopar Performance sells, without the high price. This starter will fit the slant six all the way up to the 426 Hemi, and this will fit the Flywheel with 143 teeth, as well as the automatic torque flite converters.

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

If the headers would fit my 383 with 727 no PS or PB, I would consider these myself. Who sells them? Ballpark cost? Rog

If you still fell like you want to go with the mainfold PM me I have one (factory) that someone modified a bit before I got my hands on it but it still works well.

I did speak to Mike Schumaker about the 4 speed using their headers, he told me that they originally worked on the older design, but now he has someone producing his headers, and they have made a change in design, so they will no longer work with the z-bar.

That's the lastest news

I hope this information will help

MOPAR CHARLIE

Kudakid on Moparts has a mechanical linkage 4 speed setup with Schumachers , he had to modifiy the header to get it to work , I think he extended the collector on that side ?

To the OP , I have a 68-69 C body HP manifold which is what accurate modified to make their manifold , with a 383 it will work as is.

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back