383 Formula S, 4-spd, TX9 fastback Barracuda

-

kingdragon

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
Well I finished the A4 Buffed Silver car two years ago. In between then and now I've put up a new building for my car hobby. Its about time to dig into another car and I picked this Nice Barracuda to do next. I purchased this car from Carlisle in 2015 and its been in one of the storage containers since. This is a real nice car. Original Black paint, 383 formula S, 4spd, buildsheat...list goes on.
This will be my first second gen Barracuda build so any of you guys out there with experience with these I'd love to hear your suggestions.
20160902_135023_1480299236206_resized.jpg

Wow, it looks really straight. Nice shop space to boot. And a nice looking dog for the trifecta. well done!

My suggestion would be to keep it as stock as possible.
That is a very rare car you have there, and it looks like a very solid body to begin with!
A lot of people would kill to gave that in their garage........

Nice car!
I have a 67 383-S with Automatic...EE1 Blue, wish she was a 4 speed!
I am looking forward to watching the build and seeing the finished car!

Nice car!
IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3440.JPG

Nice car!
Love these 383 Cudas, here is my 68 383 S Auto QQ1.

340Mouse,
Did you document disassembly of the heater box? I have two with the car and both are certainly A-body but the brackets for the cables are in different spots. Off the top of my head the ink stamp is 287550 and the other 702.

Any cuda guys that can help with identifying the correct decklid?
I've seen two types. One has a underside that's similar to a hood construction where you can see the outer skin through the windows of the underside frame. The other type the underside of the deck lid is completely covered. No openings through the frame to see the outer skin. Please, I understand they're interchangable but my question is which is correct for a Hamtrack February, 67 car

Any cuda guys that can help with identifying the correct decklid?
I've seen two types. One has a underside that's similar to a hood construction where you can see the outer skin through the windows of the underside frame. The other type the underside of the deck lid is completely covered. No openings through the frame to see the outer skin. Please, I understand they're interchangable but my question is which is correct for a Hamtrack February, 67 car
67 trunk lids are usefully open on the inside like the hood. never seen one closed in, usually they are 68 and 69 but anything is possible

67 trunk lids are usefully open on the inside like the hood. never seen one closed in, usually they are 68 and 69 but anything is possible

The car came with a 68 deck lid which I can tell by the holes. This 68 is filled in. In my search I've found what appears to be a 67 or 69 with a open frame type.
Is this a build plant thing or a production date thing IDK. I just want to make sure I get the most accurate part for my car.

'67 is open frame, holes thru the underside are different for mounting the finish panels.

If any of guys are looking for heater box info on these BB Barracuda's check out my heater box identification page.

-
Back