383 intake / carb help for my 73 Dart

-
I'm sorry, but this is incorrect. The Streetmaster. Read the name. While it may be a single plane intake, for the street, they were very good in their day. Probably close to the best. The only other one I could think of that might have had it beat would have been the Edelbrock DP4B, but I believe they were extremely close.

The Streetmaster loses much less down low in comparison to most any other single plane, while increasing the mid range and top end power a good bit. IMO, it could use more carburetor, but before you do that, I suggest getting everything in proper tune with the carburetor and ignition timing optimized.

That way, you at least have a baseline. My guess is you will be quite surprised once it is all in tune good. While the carburetor is a little small, that is actually desirable for the street, rather than too big. I say put the super tune on it and see what you got.

Just my opinion.
I have to agree here also. The OP isn't looking for a race car that will twist 7K. In his own words he is looking for dependability. To this end the Streetmaster is a good choice. If after a good tune up and you up the timing to 12-15 initial and 34-38 total. I would at this point rebuild the 600 holley. Thou I think a 3310 750 would be a better fit .

-
Back