Not open for further replies.

68original

Got bourbon?
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Contact seller
Thanks to confirming information from other members, I am re-posting this thread with updated information. Looking for an oil dipstick for an A-body 383 engine. Part number is 2899 411, and would be for 67-69 Darts and Barracudas with the correct 893 oil pan. I do NOT need the tube, just the dipstick. The length from tip of dipstick to the insert stop lip on the handle is 20 1/16", maybe up to 20 1/8" (hard to tell EXACTLY from the pictures). The full line is 2 1/8" up from tip, add line is 1.5" up from tip. Small twist at the tip. Oil level indications are marked with lines on the dipstick. Pictures provided for reference. If you have or know of one, please let me know! Thanks FABO.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 017.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 018.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 333
Why not just take a longer one, cut to length, round the end, twist the end and stamp it?

Already did that, minus the twist and stamping, for a replacement. Just ground a couple lines in the dipstick to mark add and full.

Would still like to have a correct original, if I ever find one. Numbers matching car so original would be nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back