390 stroker build

-
Hi again! lol.. I have purchased a different Cam from a member for my future stroker. It is a Comp Cams XE275HL-10.I have been looking at rotating assemblies and I would like to know what would be the best for price and reliability.I'm not expecting crazy HP but about 450 would be nice.Should I use J heads which I have from an old 340.Also have a Holley Strip Dominator intake off the same 340.I might be repeating myself here but with all the snow yesterday I need a little boost! lol.. Thanks in advance.P.S. I'm trying to do this on the cheap if possible!

Sound like Craig needs a mornning fix......snow sucks eh buddy..
AL
Ya it sure does! I had a buddy drop his plow twice yesterday in the main part of my driveway,and now I have to spend some time with the old snow blower to clean up the rest! I guess your old plow truck has been useful!

Craig: I build engines too, let me know if you don't have a builder. When I get home from the sunny south I have a 340, 289 Hi Pro, and a long drawn out 341 stroker build and two trans. to do.
Retired nah.

Kenny

hey craig i would look at the scat stroker kit i have not herd of any breakin unlike the eagle kit.

Thanks, I'll wait until Carlise and hopefully pick up something there.I just want something that wont break and wont break the bank! lol.

Do you stroker guys think factory J heads with a little work will work fine? I don't really want to fork out the $ for Aluminum heads.Please give me your advise! I'm learning as we go along..lol..

I think the j head will be a good fit if you are using a flat top piston a move to a 308 would be small real advantage

-
Back