392 or 345 Hemi?Do both fit and A Body engine bay the same?

-

'Cuda_ragtop

Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda!
Reaction score
Found out that Pace performance dropped their 460HP 345 Crate Hemi and that Johnny at Pace Performance is also gone. Had been planning on the PP 5.7 crate Hemi but now need a new plan.
Wondering if the 345 and 392 Mopar Performance crate Hemis both fit a 69 A-Body engine bay the same?
Do they use the same exhaust manifolds/headers, starter, radiator, motor mounts?
What's not the same, as far as fitting into the engine bay?

Cuda, I've got the 392 in my Dart. I've posted many pictures (restorations, "Almost There, Again" and garage) that you can look at. The biggest problems I had were the wiper motor, the VVT module and the master cylinder.
In the case of the wiper motor I replaced the stock motor with a Neon wiper motor and put it inside behind the firewall. In my case I moved the firewall back 3 inches to make room for the VVT module (it mounts on the back of the intake) and to clean up the engine bay. I am using a hydraboost unit for my power brakes so I had to relocate the brake assembly as well. Here are two pictures.
retroron

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

I just came across a 392 hemi truck motor with 32000 miles on it for about $3000. I only know what I learn from those who have done the swap.i thought it might be a good buy . I have a 70 charger rt/se without the original power train. I was thinking it would be a good fit , but I think there is to much different.

-
Back