"392" Pan Alternative for a 360...

-
Frankly as "Mopar" as Mancini is supposed to be, I find the actual information on their website to be highly lacking. Take a look at the one piece pan gasket 'fer instance

there is an issue using that one pce gasket . i dont recall exactly , but remember having to replace it as it didn,t seal on a magnum block with LA front cover. too bad as it is a nice gasket!

there is an issue using that one pce gasket . i dont recall exactly , but remember having to replace it as it didn,t seal on a magnum block with LA front cover. too bad as it is a nice gasket!

The issue is the LA pan has a notch at the front corners and the 1-piece gasket doesn't fill it in. You can cut the "hoops" off the 1-piece gasket and use the 360 LA end gaskets, or fill in the notch with RTV. That's what I did.

Oh, and the 1-piece gasket is for a 360/5.2/5.9 only. The 318 and 340 can't use it because they have a larger radius at the rear of the pan.

The stamping in it. It is a center sump design that fits better in an early A

I thought all 360 pans for a car were a center sump, but maybe there are tweaks to the sump on that pan that makes it better? Outside my experience, just curious.

I thought all 360 pans for a car were a center sump, but maybe there are tweaks to the sump on that pan that makes it better? Outside my experience, just curious.

levels of center. The one that was on the car needed a bit of ball peen hammer mods to clear the k frame cross member.

-
Back