3spd wiper motor

-

MoparVT

Reaction score
I have a 3spd wiper (off,low,med,hi.) in my 72 dart......part # 3431532 , 73692 , 911.

Are there any other options that might interchange with this one?

I wanted to buy a used one (same part#) but have had ZERO luck finding one that is in good working condition (and priced reasonably).

I know the wire harness is different for some years,but could I splice "my" plug onto a different motor? Like the "905" motor ....???

Thanks for any help!!

That same motor and switch could be found in other models than A-body.
It might be more common in the higher optioned Chrysler badged units like Imperial.
I have to ask what is the fault with yours and if you're sure the motor is the problem and not the switch.

That same motor and switch could be found in other models than A-body.
It might be more common in the higher optioned Chrysler badged units like Imperial.
I have to ask what is the fault with yours and if you're sure the motor is the problem and not the switch.
The motor is Burnt on the inside.......pretty sure its no good. lol

I am quite surprised the CAR did not burn,The wiper motor stopped working ,so I started at the switch,found a burnt wire....traced it all the way back to the firewall,through the firewall,all the way to the motor,one wire on the motor was burnt right off! So I pulled the motor out,opened it,and the wires inside are all burnt.
Usually if a switch goes bad it will just stop working,I doubt it would burn up your motor.

Does anybody know if I can do this??

(splice "My" plug onto a "905" or simillar 3spd wiper motor)

What would be the main difference between these wiper motors??

There is one (3431532) on ebay right now $89.95 by PA Classic Muscle Cars and Parts

I am well aware of that. Seems a little pricey to me for a wiper motor that may or may not work.

I can buy 905's all day long for less than half that.......that work!

But thanks anyway.....

Im currently looking for a 3 speed washer switch. These really are hard to find. PM me if you all have one or so. Cause All im getting is 2 speed offers ATM :(

-
Back