Status
Not open for further replies.

64dart440

dart 270 4 door
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hey guys im thinking about putting a 3X2 set up on the old 241 hemi i found the intake looking for carbs i dont care if they are stuck and need rebuilt i just need 3 small base carbs to go on it for a fair price i cant pay 200 a carb or id buy remans i also need a center for my 8 3/4 id like a low highway gear and it can be an open dont matter its just to get the car drive able for now once again if i had 300+ id but some of the ones that show up on here but i dont thanks to and ex wife just let me know what you got thanks :burnout:

hey guys im thinking about putting a 3X2 set up on the old 241 hemi i found the intake looking for carbs i dont care if they are stuck and need rebuilt i just need 3 small base carbs to go on it for a fair price i cant pay 200 a carb or id buy remans i also need a center for my 8 3/4 id like a low highway gear and it can be an open dont matter its just to get the car drive able for now once again if i had 300+ id but some of the ones that show up on here but i dont thanks to and ex wife just let me know what you got thanks :burnout:

got 3.23 open 75.

One you need to post a picture and the size of the bolt pattern for the carbs being used,mrmopartech

Also is it a 4 bolt base,a 3 bolt base,or a 2 bolt base carb,MMT

Ok, here's what you need to know. You'll not be able to use Carter BBD's on that set-up. The footprint and even bolt pattern is the same (3 bolt can be drilled for the 4 bolt), BUT, the Carter has it's fuel inlet at the front center of the bowl, and so the center and rear carbs will interfere with eachother. You need to find Strombergs, which at a glance look just like the BBD's but have the fuel inlet on the side of the bowl.
I've got one good, fresh Stromberg on the shelf..originally from a 66 318. It's got a good choke assembly, so it would make a great center carb. PM me if you need any other info.

here is a picture of the intake i found its a 3 bolt style and i found plate to convert it to a 4 bolt if needed

Attachments

• 50016.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back