4.10s with 30" tire??

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Will 4.10 gears with 30" tall tire be too much for street use?? Or just right.

Car will rarely see the track. Have a 2800 stall right now.

Trying to decide between them or 3.91s

be somewhere about 2800 to 3 grand at 65mph... i would run that but not enough gear for the track

It'll be fine for the street. Last combo I was running on my E body was 4.10's and a 275/60/16 @ about 28 inch's. go for the 4.10's. I'd run a smaller tire later after you wear those out.

I know what ya guys mean but she looks bad *** with Thoes 315s tucked under there. And right now we don't even have a track. Gota drive 3 hrs :(.
Thanks for the comments.
Ill go with the 4.10s

I run 4.10 and 28in, but I go 55 haha. I want 30in tire, but I will be going OD.

It would be if running 25" slicks :)

thats what the slant guys do... drive to the track on street tires and stock gears then run short *** slicks...

I know what ya guys mean but she looks bad *** with Thoes 315s tucked under there. And right now we don't even have a track. Gota drive 3 hrs :(.
Thanks for the comments.
Ill go with the 4.10s

if your motor is at all built it will like to run a about 2500-3000rpm. i got 20mpg out of my slant six while drving to vegas and back from phx @ 65mph(3000rpm on the 3.91's and 28" tire)

I run 4.10 and 28in, but I go 55 haha. I want 30in tire, but I will be going OD.

i go 50 with my 4.88's @ 3K LOL

thats what the slant guys do... drive to the track on street tires and stock gears then run short *** slicks...

if your motor is at all built it will like to run a about 2500-3000rpm. i got 20mpg out of my slant six while drving to vegas and back from phx @ 65mph(3000rpm on the 3.91's and 28" tire)

i go 50 with my 4.88's @ 3K LOL

haha at least in SoCal PCH aka Highway 1 speed limit is 50-55 so I'm good haha

Will 4.10 gears with 30" tall tire be too much for street use?? Or just right.

Car will rarely see the track. Have a 2800 stall right now.

Trying to decide between them or 3.91s
I ran 410's with 29 inch tires and it was great...30's are cool

why run a short tire unless you have to... these car looks great with a tall tire IMO. if he can fit a 30 and isn't worried about having it sit to low or the extra price of the tire's just put more gear in it!

and i use randy's calculator lol...

http://www.ringpinion.com/Calculators/Calculators.aspx

I agree!! Love tall tires on these cars. And I feel the 315s look perfect. Just gotta figure what gear is best. Right now I can get a 4.30 but not sure if that's what I want. Leaning toward the 4.10.
Ill post pics of the car soon. Still under construction

I agree!! Love tall tires on these cars. And I feel the 315s look perfect. Just gotta figure what gear is best. Right now I can get a 4.30 but not sure if that's what I want. Leaning toward the 4.10.
Ill post pics of the car soon. Still under construction

how built is the motor?

Wow after using the calculated provided by moparkid I never realized how much of a difference a 30" tall tire would make.

I'm now gonna try and get a 4.30 gear.

What modifications are you going to accomplish to put 30" tires on it? I've owned a few A-bodies, but I haven't seen one that will fit a 30" tire without radiusing the wheel wells. 29.5" if you move the rear back, but never 30" without some rubbing of the tire on one of the fender lips. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There already on. The car was mini tubbed. Springs moved inboard.front lower quarters trimmed a bit. 15x12 centerline qualifiers. 315/60r15 drag radials. Fit under perfect.

i run 4.10s and a 28" tall tire. running 2900rpm at 60. its alot of fun. im right at the perfect spot in the rpm range where i can pull her down into 2nd at 55-60 and nail it. freaks people out when she jumps to life and screams like a rapped ape.

-
Back